This class provides newer students with a nice introduction to the “gentle art”. Students will learn traditional techniques that every Jiu-Jitsu practitioner should know and essential techniques specific to our academy.
The fundamental classes are taught in a detailed progression. We will continue to reinforce and build on Monday’s lesson throughout the week. All three fundamental classes tie-in which allows more repititon.
- Learn basic warm-up movements, positions, and break-falls
- Learn how to safely take someone down and out maneuver them
- Learn how to properly escape pins and holds
- Participate in functional drilling and live grappling
- Discuss various ways to become less of a target for an attack
- Discuss the importance of both self-defense and the art of Jiu-Jitsu
- At times conduct Q&A sessions
Live grappling is optional for beginners.